Saturday, November 27, 2010

Finding Balance

I feel like I'm in a constant state of trying to find "balance". Balance in everything. I'm also always in a state (in my mind at least) of trying to simplify. Most of the time I fail. Occasionally there is a moment of success. How does one who give up consumerism? How do you save money to go towards paying down debt and saving for a dream? How does one find balance between fixing up a house not knowing if it will eventually be a rental or one that will be sold? How does one find balance in teaching her children at home when not wanting to be real "schoolish" and yet wanting a little structure? Where is the balance between wanting to make things for others and becoming selfish about the time used to make those things?

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you find out, Tami, because I think we all strive for that balance. I've been teaching my children about the "wheel" and how each spoke needs to be about the same length and how there can't be too many spokes.

    How do you give up consumerism? How do you save? How do you create happy education for children?

    I believe the answer is in thoughtfulness. You can answer each of those questions with this: I do that by being thoughtful. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete