Thursday, June 18, 2009

Monkeying around

I must be the last or one of the very last person(s) in the sock knitting world to knit the Monkey Sock. While the pattern is easy to memorize and the sock is overall pleasing to the eye, I dislike using size 2 knitting needles. Yes, it makes for a quick knit but the fabric tends to be too loose for my liking. I'd much prefer to knit these on a 1. Geegee saw the first finished sock and fell in love with the stitch pattern and the color so these will be added to her drawer.



In other news, the mister and I have 4 weeks to the day before our big hike to the summit of Mt. Saint Helen's. It truly is time to quit monkeying around and get serious. The hike consists of a 4500ft elevation gain over 4.5 miles (3400 of it during the last 2 1/4 miles). We have been diligently Shredding and getting extra cardio in on the treadmill but I know it's not enough. I really must watch what I put in my mouth. I'm feeling horribly munchy lately. It wouldn't be so back if I kept going outside and munching on fresh sugar peas or strawberries but marshmallows will do me nothing more than leave me looking like one.


It's time to hunker down with a movie and the socks I'm working on for The Mister. They were meant to be a surprise for him but I currently have a 3 year old that absolutely can not keep a secret. Every single thing that happens in this house gets recounted to Dad at the end of the day. How long before she grows out of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment