Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where's my Whimsy?


Last Saturday, in the midst of food born illness, I treated myself to a jelly roll of Whimsy. Believe me when I say treat. In general I buy most of my fabric from Joann's as 9.50+ a yard for fabric is above my budget. At any rate, yesterday evening I opened up my jelly roll and began piecing together a new quilt. Just something kind of unplanned. I LOVE the whimsy line. I had all of my strips divided into light and darks and had them sitting across a chair. This evening when I came back into my sewing/computer/classroom to begin working on my blocks, to my dismay ALL of the dark strips are missing. All.of.them! My husband and I have gone through the entire 1200 sq ft of this house trying to find them. The neighbors probably think I was extremely weird when I was outside with a flashlight going through the garbage can.
I asked the kids about the missing fabric and was informed that Jonathan couldn't have done it because he was working on the truck with his Dad. Emma didn't do it either because she was watching a movie. That left the dog who said "grrrr" and ate them.
Seriously, I'm fighting tears. I've been in an emotional way and this is the icing on the cake. My whimsy is missing.

ETA: It's now morning and all is not lost. Whimsy? Hiding in the darkest corner of my room under my pajamas which I tend to keep in a basket. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment