Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Brrr

It is chilly this morning! Brrr! So glad someone is delivering wood tonight. Gosh this last week has been a blur. On Wednesday my Dad was taken to the hospital in a coma and had had a stroke. The doctors believe that he was having seizures for up to 36 hours. By Thursday the news was completely grim and we were having to face the talk that no one wants to face. A decision needed to be made as to when to take him off of life support. There was no belief that he was going to come out of the comma and if he did the neurologist believed he would be in a vegetative state. On Saturday it was decided that he would be taken off of the support on Monday or Tuesday. By the time we reached the hospital on Sunday my Dad was awake. Awake and talking a little. He remembered me and the rest of the family. He has completely defied the odds. I talked with him over the phone a couple times yesterday and he sounds better and better. Needless to say, he is not out of the woods and no matter what happens I am thankful that I was given a little time with him to tell him I love him.

On another note, I finished a quilt. It was gifted and by the time I finished it Saturday evening it was dark so there are no wow photos of it. The pattern is called Grannies Lap Jam.
Last but not least I'll leave you with a photo taken this morning of some of Sonoma's babies. Today they are 26 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment