Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

First things first. My first goal for 2010 is to locate my cord to be able to upload photos from my camera to my computer. It's gone. Gone and hasn't been seen in weeks. I know I put it somewhere so I wouldn't loose it while rearranging things. Just can't seem to find where that spot was.
I want to spend this next year focusing, simplifying, growing. I want to refocus my eyes on the goal, Heaven. In the spirit of honesty, spending time in prayer and study tend to take a back seat. I could throw any and all reasons on the table but I won't. It's my first priority.
Secondly, it's time to begin focusing the kiddo's to the idea of consistent "school" E is 4 today and J will be 5 at the end of the month. Reality says that if they were going to a school building J would be starting this fall. It's about time. We've been tinkering around with "school" for a couple years and now it's time to move towards a little more seriousness.
Jeff and I have also decided that it's time to really pull the reigns on our lives. It's time to truly live more simply and frugally. We talk the talk all the time it seems but we've begun the walk. It's a time of transition for us not made particularly easy for me since we've begun a new way of eating. We've decided to no longer purchase meat from the "big box" store or regular restaurants due to our conscience. In order to purchase meat that was raised and slaughtered the way we feel is humane it costs 2 arms and a leg until we can afford to again purchase 1/2 an animal from a local farmer. This means a more vegetarian lifestyle. Difficult when trying to loose weight and being in the trendy mindset that carbs=weight gain.
This frugal/simple lifestyle will also affect how and what I craft. I use my hands all the time to knit, spin, crochet or sew. While I generally never thought about the $$ spent to do those things, I am now aware of what I'm generally spending doing such things. Purchasing yarn and fabric can no longer be a common thing but must become a special event. It's time to use up what I have in my stash (not as much as some but plenty more than others) and finish some long awaiting UFO's.
With all of this said, once I can locate my camera cord I'll have a picture of the first quilt of 2010. It's for today's birthday girl, made completely from fabric and batting that was on my shelves and is completely her. Girly. When this certain 4 year old is asked what her favorite color is she'll quickly answer "pretty". When asked what "pretty" is she'll pause a moment and respond with "pink". This quilt is exactly that. Pink with some white thrown in for good measure. Now to dig around my stash and create something for a soon to be 5 year old who's father is very particular about what is boyish and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment